Case Study Brand Promotion in Covid Times
Updated: Nov 3, 2020
Burger King said "We never imagined we would ask you to order from KFC, Dominos Pizza, Subway, Five Guys, Greggs, Papa John's, Taco Bell, and other independent food outlets, too numerous to mention here. In short, from any of our sister food chains (fast or not fast)."We never thought we would be asking you to do this, but restaurants employing thousands of staff really need your support at the moment. So, if you want to help, keep treating yourself to tasty meals through home delivery, takeaway or drive thru." Captioning the post, "We know, we never thought we would be saying this either", the food chain with a jovial note at the end added, "getting a whopper is always best, but ordering a Big Mac is also not such a bad thing." The tweet by the King went immediately viral, garnering immense love and respect from netizens on Twitter. "Respect from a McDonald's fan" to "What an absolute chad move Burger King, lots of respect!", people flooded the post with a lot of heart warming reactions. Critically review the above para with your comments
1. If they want to promote about there food products then they have to concentrate on there product and give more information about themselves rather than talking others name
2. This was purely a public stunt by burger king. They tried to gain attention from their competitor's customers too but mentioning their and asking them to order food from there. By doing this they not only got responses from their customers but also got it from others too
3. Burger King is trying to bring awareness about the situation. They have indirectly mentioned us to take care of yourself in this COVID situation. Also they are supporting their competitor because we are in this situation together and have to be united.
4. This was a great move from Burger King, finally in 21st century people are taking their competitions in a healthy and good way by not making it toxic. We've seen many comparative ads on TVC and things get uglier, but by this one big step they've got more recognition than before which is huge profit to them. A buzz is enough to get you viral and increase your brand name.
5. In my view the burger king is playing safe by not indulging in any sort of competition. Due to corona pandemic when lots of food chain restaurants are facing huge losses burger king's strategy is trying to garner more customer base by helping other food chain restaurants also. The social media campaign is helping burger king as well as the sister food chains restaurant.
6. 1.Great initiative / 2.Live and let others live.
7. "We Never Thought We'd be Saying This Why Burger King Urged People to 'Order from McDonald's'
8. Burger King has appealed to its customers to buy from it's competitor McDonald's to help them survive the lockdown"
9. They promoting themselves with competitors name
10."Burger King has made a big move by trying to popularise the whole industry, rather than just their own brand.
11.If the whole fast food industry got big footfalls, then Burger King would also benefit indirectly and of course, they got a lot of goodwill through this one post from across the fast food fans irrespective of the brands."
12.Every business should think in this aspect, like 'Let's grow together'. The company has tweeted beautifully and conveyed how the pandemic is affecting all the businesses, people, and food sectors. It was like helping competitors to survive in this COVID situation. This tweet reminds people of how the COVID affected food outlets and how it created widespread unemployment. The starting of the message ' We never thought we would be asking you to do this' was classy. But somewhere even I feel that it trolled Mc Donald's smoothly
13.They should respect their competitor but they should not promote them like they have said, they should promote their product through advs
14.they should promote their products and improve the product/ service only by them they can attract the customer
15.I think its really important to support all food service, and really like that they included the independent food shops. I am looking forward to see more of this from other companies well.
16.Marketing has evolved a lot from just marketing our brand by shouting out our name loud to making everyone understand our values and culture. This makes me remember Lifebuoy who did it first in the pandemic
17.They are creating sympathy among customers
Lakshminarasimman V Rao | Case Study| Marketing Management | Corporate Neeti Consulting | Mysuru
All data above is a combination of data from Internet, purpose of this doc is for research and education only and responses received from Class students and interaction.