JSS -DM303 : Web Analytics-BL01M01-Day03-12Oct20
Module 1: Data Collection, Web logs and Java Script Tags
understanding the requirement of Web Log
Analysis based on Web log/ Data usage
Management decisions on Web Logs
Why to put Java Script Tags
*What are containers, Tags, Triggers, Data, Metadata, Keywords, Crawl - will review in next class
What is a Web log file?
A web server log file is a text file that is auto updated as activity by system and its generated by the web server. Log files collect a variety of data about. information requests to your web server.
What is a Web log post?
A website that displays postings by one or more individuals in chronological order and usually has links to comments on specific postings. intr.v. blogged, blog·ging, blogs. To write entries in, add material to, or maintain a blog.
Find or View Log Files
Log on to the Web server computer as Administrator.
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Internet Services Manager.
What is a web server access log?
Why Weblog Analysis is Important
Weblogs are required to
keep track of the visits, types of visitors, which pages were visited and what is the flow of the user
Weblogs also help us understand the effectiveness of the website
Users and their requirement
Management Decisions based on Weblogs
Marketing decisions on the Focus areas
investment decisions for website and on products
New Products Launch
Product Spin Off
Quiz on Digital Marketing and Answers
1. A term used to define Business that sells to other business not to the end consumer usually the finished goods is raw material to that Business
2. A term used to define Business sells to the end consumer usually consumed by the Customer.
3. This is a chronicle, product or idea sharing or though process or experience sharing in the web can be viewed by intended viewers in web/online.
4. The percentage of people who land on a page on your website and then leave without clicking on anything else or navigating to any other pages on your site.
answer : Bounce Rate
5. This is a text form, link, button, image, or web link that encourages a website visitor to visit a landing page and become of lead. Eg “Subscribe Now” or “Download the Whitepaper Today.”
Answer: Call to Action
6. Irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware
7.This is a type of malicious code or software that looks legitimate but can take control of your computer. It is designed to damage, disrupt, steal, or in general inflict some other harmful action on your data or network
8. This is written for machine level, a code represents text, computer processor instructions, or any other data using a two-symbol system. The two-symbol system used is often "0" and "1"
Answer : Binary
9. These a way for user to interact with unknown others on social media and have conversations about a particular piece of content. They tie public conversations on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram together into a single stream, which users can find by searching for using unique keyword, clicking on one.